- Available Spots: We have (3) or more spots in grades 5-10.
- Age Range: Grades 5-12
- Years Established: 2017
- Enrollment: 35
- Average Class Size: 10
- Tuition: 24,000
- Who you serve: Co-ed, Elementary, High School, Middle School
To provide a dynamic, nurturing and personalized education that inspires a passion for learning, self-discovery and connection to the community.
To cultivate engaged, independent lifelong learners who can think critically and apply their knowledge to real-world experiences in order to achieve personal success and contribute positively to their community.
Our Core Values:
1. Respect - The Sycamore School is committed to promoting tolerance, kindness and acceptance of diverse beliefs, backgrounds and lifestyles; we emphasize empathy in our community to cultivate kindness, generosity and a forgiving spirit.
2. Diversity - Having a diverse educational community enriches experiences for all our learners. We embrace a variety of learners with varied strengths and struggles; we support ethnic, religious, cultural, political, economic and sexual diversity and we are a community that celebrates our differences.
3. Flexibility – We encourage our staff and students to engage in creative problem solving and to keep an open mind, welcoming new opportunities and ways of learn
4. Creativity – We emphasize using your imagination to generate original ideas and think outside the box.
5. Resiliency – We encourage our students to take risks, push through obstacles and not be afraid to make mistakes.
6. Intellectual curiosity- We want our students engaged in the learning process, so we encourage asking questions, having a voice and active investigation in learning.
7. Personal Responsibility – Students need to be invested in their learning, initiate engagement in the learning process and own their behavior, decisions and actions.
8. Mindfulness – We cultivate self-awareness so that students can be more present in their learning.
9. Connection with the community - We think it’s important that students learn how to positively interact with others and develop an increased awareness and involvement in their local, state, national and global community; by helping others, we learn more about ourselves. Giving students opportunities to help others empowers them to be of service.
10. Safe and Nurturing Environment - Students need to feel safe in order to take academic and social risks; they need to be supported in recognizing their strengths in order to achieve their potential.
- Capacity: 60
- Address: 4600 North Fairfax Drive Arlington, VA
- Zip Code: 22203
- Phone: 703-717-5360
- Website: https://thesycamoreschoolva.org