- Available Spots: 10/30/20 We have 10 spaces for 6th grade, 10 spaces for 7th grade, 10 spaces for 8th grade, 10 spaces for 9th grade, and 5 spaces for 10th grade.
- Age Range: 11-18
- Enrollment: 51 Students currently enrolled
- Average Class Size: 10
- Tuition: $19,500
- Who you serve: Co-ed, High School, Middle School
Our mission is to revolutionize access to Student agency by nurturing young people from all backgrounds into purposeful adults who use their gifts in a way that brings them joy and serves others.
- Capacity: 150 Students
- Available Hours: 9:00-4:30
- Address: 406 7th St. NW Washington, DC 20004
- Zip Code: 20004
- Phone: 202-847-0779
- Website: http://templetonacademy.org
- What differentiates your school from all others?
In addition to being a accredited micro-school, our 3 core pillars are what most differentiate us.
1. We use the city as a classroom. This allows us to provide a high quality relevant education at a much lower tuition price point.
2. We use Gold Standard Project-Based Learning methods in all of our classes.
3. We use a purpose-centered and evidence based curriculum in our core advisory program to build resilience.
- Where do you see your school in 5 years, what will be different?
In 5 years, we will be in our new space located at at 7th street in NW. We will be a fully enrolled for middle and high school.
- What kind of student is most successful at your school?
Students who are intellectually curious, kind, and who have a growth mindset (coachable) are most successful at Templeton.
- Why should we choose your school?
Families should choose Templeton if they want their child to develop agency over their own learning, engage with content through meaningful and relevant projects that allow them to use their gifts in a way that brings them joy and serves others and if they want to ensure their child builds social and emotional resilience through an evidence based curriculum.
- What differentiates your care center from all the others?
- What is your philosophy regarding childcare?
- What lead you to operate a childcare center?
- What safety precautions are in place for the children in your care?
- What does a typical day look like for your kids?
Our students only take 2 classes a quarter. Each class run for approximately 2.5 hours. This gives us time to dive deep into projects and to go into the city for our field work. Students start school at 9:00 am. They're in their first block until 11:30, which if followed by a lunch break in which they may go off campus should they have parental permission. Following lunch, students meet for advisory and/or clubs and their second block class begins at 1:30 and runs until 3:30.