- Available Spots: 4/27/21 For Fall 2021 - We have 3 spots for 2 year olds. 4 spots for 3-6 year olds. 1 spot for grades 1-3. 6 spots for grades 4-5. 2 spots for Middle School (grades 6-8) and 8 spots for High School (grades 9-12)
- Age Range: 2-grade 12
- Years Established: 1988
- Enrollment: 120
- Tuition: $16,370 - $31,500
- Who you serve: Co-ed, Elementary, High School, Middle School, Montessori, Preschool
Oneness-Family School's mission is to provide a Montessori learning environment that fosters the growth of the whole person, encompassing physical, intellectual, emotional, and spiritual development. This mission led Andrew Kutt to found the school in 1988 and drives its continuing success.
- Capacity: 171
- Available Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m M-F
- Address: 6701 Wisconsin Avenue, Chevy Chase, MD 20815
- Zip Code: 20815
- Phone: (301) 652-7751
- Website: http://www.onenessfamilyschool.org/
- What differentiates your school from all others?
Our school focuses on self-care and community, building a sense of human connection in an age where we are all so preoccupied with our electronic devices. Our self-discovery program fosters personal reflection, artistic expression, communication, collaboration, and fitness, in the belief that the healthier and happier we are the better we are going to learn. Our trade-marked three part curriculum design supports academic and social emotional development, while also allowing students to perform, exhibit their knowledge and serve their community.
- Where do you see your school in 5 years, what will be different?
Oneness-Family School is currently expanding its world languages program to give our students greater choices and opportunities to learn about other cultures and to build a deeper understanding of the ways in which we are all interconnected. We will also be expanding our dramatic arts program to feature an annual spring show each year including students from across all of our grades.
- Whats one myth about your school thats just not true?
Some parents mistakenly think that Oneness-Family School is a "hippy school" where everyone is walking around in Birkenstock sandals and munching on granola and grilled tofu. Oneness-Family School's founder Andrew Kutt sites as his heroes Robert Kennedy and Martin Luther King Jr. and has always been inspired by their idealism in building the school into a center of international peace and harmony, that being said, Oneness-Family School takes great pride in the high standard of its academic program, fostering key skills for success in our global society, including critical thinking, information literacy, collaboration, creativity, and emotional intelligence.