New Adventures Learning Community
People learn best when it is something that interests them. Whether it be cooking, superheroes, history, science, whatever… we build that into our curriculum. While all students are learning the same skills, the way they are learning them is unique to each student.
The New Adventures Learning Community thoughtfully blends the best features of multiple educational traditions to create a student-centered academic approach providing both flexibility and accountability.
▪ Each student creates a personalized curriculum with family input and professional guidance. The student’s curriculum draws from his or her unique interests, passions and goals, and is implemented with the type of one-on-one educational coaching Homeschoolers enjoy.
▪ Students help plan their own daily and weekly schedules, taking charge of their education with professional on-site assistance. Like Montessori students, they learn at their own pace, progressing farther and faster in areas of strength, and taking more time to work through more challenging subject matter.
▪ Children are free to move, eat, and drink when they need to.
▪ There is no unnecessary stress, standardized testing, or required homework, though students may work on projects at home if they choose to.
▪ Students have daily opportunities to collaborate, teach, and learn from each other, and to socialize with peers and develop long-term friendships.
We have created a schedule that enables the students to choose their topics – for short term or long term projects. With a varied range of modalities, they learn the skills necessary for high school completion.
Available Spots: 10/8/2017 We have spots open for 6-12 grades and accept rolling admissions.
Years Established: School established 2016
Enrollment: 4 students
Average Class Size: 4-8 students
Who you serve:
Catholic, Co-ed, Christian, Episcopal, High School, Jewish, Middle School, Presbyterian, Protestant, Quaker
- Address: 14330 Travillah Rd, Rockville
- Zip Code: 20850
- Phone: 240-801-6252
- Website: http://newadventureslearning.org