Blyth-Templeton Academy is a college-preparatory, private, non-sectarian, co-educational high school serving grades 9-12. We are a micro school that averages just eight students per class and provides an academically-rigorous experiential education where students learn outside of the classroom as well as within it. We take advantage of all D.C. has to offer and are continually growing together in pursuit of deeper learning.
Features of our program include:
· Average class sizes of 8
· Small school size
· Block schedule, with 3 periods a day of 2 hours and 20 minutes
· 4-terms per year
· Access to summer, online, and international programs with our partner Blyth Academy
· Required service learning for all students
· Easy access to public transportation
· Tuition under $15,000
· Financial aid & scholarships
Available Spots: We are accepting applications for school year 2017-2018.
Years Established: 2015
Average Class Size: 8
Who you serve:
Co-ed, High School
The mission of Blyth-Templeton Academy is to transform the lives of its students by providing highly individualized, experiential education in small classes with dedicated and skilled educators.
Central to our philosophy are three truths:
- Care and empathy for students on academic, intellectual and personal levels is essential for their success.
- Skilled hands-on experiential teaching in small classes engages students and produces learning outcomes that are meaningful and long-lasting.
- Connection to our community is crucial for learning and living.
Blyth-Templeton Academy is designed to be a school that is small enough to be personally in touch with every individual, yet large enough to offer a broad range of courses. Our model combines a warm, inviting atmosphere with great teaching and allows our students to flourish in any setting.
9:00 AM to 4:40 PM
- Address: 921 Pennsylvania Avenue SE, Washington, DC 20003
- Zip Code: 20003
- Phone: (202) 847-0779
- Website: http://blythtempleton.org/