Aspen Hill Cooperative Nursery School was established in 1959 by a group of parents who wanted the best preschool experience for their children. This feeling has been embraced by each participating family since. At AHCNS, care-givers and teachers work together in a warm and friendly atmosphere to raise each child’s educational and personal abilities through positive reinforcement, rewarding learning activities, and the friendly interaction of peers. As a consequence, pupils learn cooperation, creativity, and caring for others. In the true spirit of a cooperative, we, the participating families, give of ourselves and of our time so that our school will be what we want it to be for our children.
2 - 4 years
Years Established: 1959
Average Class Size: 3:1 - 5:1 Student/Adult Ratio
Tuition: $130 - $260 per month
Who you serve:
At AHCNS, our school is guided by several over-arching principles and goals. We aim:
- To provide a fun, creative, and educational environment in which children can learn and grow.
- To establish well defined limits of behavior and exercise consistency in implementing those limits.
- To use problem solving strategies to improve student self-control, responsibility for oneself, their environment and respect for others.
- To promote mutual respect and sensitivity toward the feelings and rights of others.
- To create trust within the classroom and school.
- To foster an atmosphere of kindness, consideration, and support towards each other.
- To recognize and respect the uniqueness of each child.
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Address: 1001 Twinbrook Parkway, Rockville, MD 20851
- Zip Code: 20851
- Phone: (301) 424-7370
- Website: http://ahcns.org/