This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of NancyLee NancyLee 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

What time do most private schools in DC start? More specifically, what private school (middle school) opens the latest?

What do parents do when there’s a tight window between drop off and when you have to be at work? I’m surprised this isn’t more of a problem.

#11941 Reply
    Profile photo of Lorelai
    Lorelai
    Participant

Dave:

This is a question that has plagued DC area parents for decades. Hence the huge sigh of relief when they all (if there’s more than one) get into the same school.

Most schools have before care that helps with drop off. I know some parents have a “deal” with the school that in order to attend their DC will be late each day. For younger kids the early morning is usually free play/choice time before they have some sort of morning meeting. For middle school you’d have to check as most of them have the prime subjects first thing.

Depending on where you live, carpooling is always a great solution too.

I hope you find what you are looking for.

Kindly,

Lorelai

#11979 Reply
    Profile photo of HappyJackie
    HappyJackie
    Participant

Not much you can do about the start times. They are what they are.

There’s a service called MomValet.com Try them out.

#12220 Reply
    Profile photo of NancyLee
    NancyLee
    Participant

Start times?!? If you go to bed early enough it shouldn’t matter unless it affects your job.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: school start times?
Your information: