DC school HUB | Child Care Preschool Private School in DC Metro Area Forums Private Schools If you send your child to a religious school…

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Crimpet 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

CM322
    Participant

We are deciding which schools to apply to. One of our hot questions is whether or not go the religious route. We are Presbyterian, but are considering Catholic, Episcopal, and a few other options. Do schools expect you to conform to their religious views? How Catholic, for example, do we have to be and the more we are does it help our chances of getting in?

Also, if you send your child to a religious school are you then off the hook for church on Sunday? My hubby would sometimes enjoy that. LOL

Thanks!

#10514 Reply

Crimpet
    Participant

Some are very religious, others are religious by name only. It’s not typically something the admission director will tell you. You need to talk to parents. My sister sends her kids to a religious school and the kids insist they go to church on Sunday, so even if you send them to a very religious school you still may have to go to church on Sunday.

My advice: choose the school that best fits your child’s needs.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: If you send your child to a religious school…
Your information: