This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TrivialBuff 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Katie
    Participant

I get it, private school parents and kid feel entitled when they are spending 20, 30, even 40 thousand a year per child on education. But as a teacher I cannot take it when the administration sides with the student/parents when they are completely in the wrong simply because they can donate more than my yearly salary.

It’s not even a week into school and I’m already getting passive aggressive emails from my bosses about certain students.

#10184 Reply

HappyJackie
    Participant

Katie,

How long have you been working at a private school? I’m going to guess more than 1 and less than 4 years? It’s pretty common, but knowing some teachers at private schools they no longer chase the paycheck (ha!), but move to schools where the leadership has a backbone and does not tolerate nonsense from big donor parents.

‘Even if your name is on the gym you don’t get to pick your kid’s teacher’ – A great head of school

#11503 Reply

Brandy
    Participant

I thought the recent blog was funny about Helicopter parents.

http://www.dcschoolhub.com/blog/

#11613 Reply

TrivialBuff
    Participant

They are everywhere. If you can’t take the entitled heat. Get out of the kitchen. I’m on fire today!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Entitled Parents
Your information: