This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Candy Castellano 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

MareK
    Participant

Could you tell me how much the parents play in whether or not a school accepts a student? Meaning, do students get rejected when parents are too involved in the process or expect too much from the school in question?

#7320 Reply

LauraM44
    Participant

When we were looking for elementary/middle schools I had a friend working at the school. I sometimes tried to get her to tell me about the other families applying to our child’s grade, but she was good about staying mum. She did say one year that she didn’t think a certain student would get in based on one of the parents’ attitudes. I only brought it up because my child mentioned a “weird” kid who visited. Weird in that he was rude and didn’t get along with his shadow guide.

So, to make a short story long — yes, I’m quite certain parents can be a deciding factor in whether a student is admitted or not.

#7438 Reply

EquineSoFine99
    Participant

Parents play a BIG role. Have you ever heard the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree? If you go in with an attitude like you are doing the school a favor by touring or ask ridiculously helicoptorish questions, you are putting your child at risk for the maybe pile or worse.

Don’t mess things up for your kid.

#9347 Reply

KellyJones
    Participant

+1 Parents do play a big roll. Be honest with the school and don’t make too many demands.

#12238 Reply

Candy Castellano
    Participant

Parents these days struggle to find time to fulfill all of the roles they are entitled to. They should not be completely dependent on school for their kids. Sometimes in school, it becomes difficult for kids to grasp certain concepts in class. Hence, in such cases tutoring centers play a very crucial role in the kid’s life. They make kids learn in a simple manner and thus, helps to increase their grasping power. You can also check here for additional hints.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Ask The Expert
Your information: